The hustle and bustle of the holiday season are upon us! Fraudsters especially love this time of year to catch their victims off guard. We can’t stress enough how important it is to be vigilant in safeguarding your accounts so we are here to remind you:
Warmest wishes for a happy and safe holiday season! Stop by to see us soon
- WMB will NEVER text an alert asking you if you have used your card somewhere.
- WMB will NEVER ask you to log on to your online banking account to share any information with us.
- If you receive a call from someone at WMB whom you do not personally know:
- HANG UP IMMEDIATELY!
- Call your local branch to see if someone is indeed trying to reach you
- Caller ID can be spoofed to make you think that you are receiving a call from the bank
when it is, in fact, a fraudulent attempt. We would much rather you hang up on us than
lose money to bad guys!
- Large retailers, like Amazon, will not call you regarding charges posting to your bank account.
Once again, HANG UP IMMEDIATELY!
- DO NOT HESITATE to call WMB if you suspect suspicious activity or if you want to learn more
about protecting your accounts.
- Don’t forget to discuss these tips with your family and friends, young and old.